Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Am Legend vs. The Omega Man

vs

Thanks to Netflix I recently was able to watch The Omega Man. This was actually the first remake of the movie Last Man on Earth based on the book I Am Legend. The book was originally written in the 50's and was more about zombies and vampires. Having enjoyed the Will Smith version of it (I Am Legend) I thought that the Charleston Heston version would at least be amusing to watch. I was wrong. The Omega Man was a terrible movie to sit through, and though CH has had some great acting performances, this was not one of them. He just seemed so self absorbed it was ridiculous. Then there is the dialog in this movie. It makes the script in Star Wars Episode 2 seem like Shakespeare in comparison. I was able to see a few similarities between the two movies, but hands down "I Am Legend" was so much better. You cared about the Will Smith character, it made more sense how cautious he was during the night, whereas with Charleston you just wish he'd die so you wouldn't have to hear his self-important speeches. And for heaven's sake man, put on a friggin shirt! Uggh, shirtless old men wearing jogging pants should be banned. So there you have it, I Am Legend beats The Omega Man in a landslide!

No comments:

Post a Comment