Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! Here is my list of chick flicks for dudes.

Chick flicks are my wife's favorite form of movie. Not mine so much, but because I try to be a good hubby I'll watch them with her. Fortunately there have been some that I've liked, so here is my top 10 list of chick flicks that dudes can watch and still feel manly. Enjoy.

10- Legally Blonde Reese Witherspoon is a blonde babe with uncanny lawyering skills. Interesting note: Melissa went to school with Matt Davis, the boyfriend that Reese starts the movie with.

9- Sweet Home Alabama Another Reese movie, this time she plays a high powered New York fashion designer that has to go home to Alabama to resolve her past in order to continue with her future.

8- Fools Rush In Salma Hayek and Chandler fall in like, get prego, then fall in love.

7- The Lake House Whoa, it's like Speed but without the bus. Just kidding, but Speed co-stars Keanu Reeve and Sandra Bullock team up for a unique story of friend two strangers living in the same house but separated by time.

6- Kate and Leopold What happens when you go back in time and bring back Wolverine? Appearantly elevators break and Meg Ryan finds true love.

5- Serendipity Ever since Better Off Dead John Cusack has had a special place in my heart. Here he tries to discover if Kate Beckinsale is really his one true love, or should he stay with his fiancee.

4- Miss Congeniality Ah Sandra, While You Were Sleeping would have made Melissa's top 3 but here you'll have to settle for #4. This is really a great movie with fun humor and a nice ending.

3- Just Friends Ryan Reynolds and Amy Smart star in this romatic comedy that I found to be very humorous. Well worth a rent, especially during Christmas time.

2- The Notebook This is perhaps the most tearjerking movie I've seen in a long time. It's a great love story with touching characters and a lot of emotion.

1- 50 First Dates I'm sure you're thinking "Your #1 Chick Flick movie for dudes is an Adam Sandler movie?" and the answer is yes. Of course you have your funny parts, but the over-arching story line is someone that loves someone else so much that he helps her fall in love with him all over again every day. It didn't have the normal Hollywood ending where everything is just fine in the end, he has to do this EVERY SINGLE DAY! I just thought the movie was touching, cute, and shows someone that works on a relationship, not just takes it for granted.

So enjoy Valentine's Day with someone you love, and if you're single, tell your mother that you love her.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Total girly side of you I never knew about!! I'm glad you are strong enough with your manhood to talk about emotions and cuteness and Lovey things!! Wow!! Crazy!! I think I Love you even more now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very surprised to see your list, but considering your father cries during chick flicks, it must be in your DNA. :) I haven't even seen most of those movies yet, but I'll try taking your recommendation and seeing some of those movies.

    ReplyDelete