Wednesday, January 30, 2008

World of Warcraft vs. Super Mario Bros.

vs

This morning as I'm getting myself and the boys ready for the day, Jesse comes up to me as he's playing my old GBA and asks for my help to pass a level. He watches me as I effortlessly jump and stomp and power my way through the board that had caused him so much grief. When I finished the level I told Jesse that I had obtained Mario's friend Yoshi, the friendly dinosaur than he can ride through many of the levels. Jesse then told me "His name is Yoshi? I just called him my ram." I had to laugh out loud because he made a connection between Super Mario Land and World of Warcraft. Usually on weekend nights he'll watch me play WoW for a few minutes before he goes to bed. In that game my character has a fast gray ram that I can ride around to go from place to place. Jesse was always fascinated by it and liked to see its face. He then usually asks me to make my character make the train sound. Typing /train in the game makes the player raise his arm in the air, pull down an imaginary horn and say "Woo Woo, chugga chugga chugga chugga, Woo Woo!!!". So in honor of my son's awesomeness, I will name my Epic Mount Yoshi.


No comments:

Post a Comment