Friday, April 18, 2008

Wii!!

I'm still amazed that after being out on the market for almost a year and a half, it's still nearly impossible to get a Nintendo Wii, which brings me to my current blog entry. Jesse started his new season of Tee-ball yesterday, but I needed to get him a mitt. Since there is a Wal-Mart about a stones throw away from my work I headed over there on my lunch break. I got the mitt and decided just for kicks to check out the video game selection. At the Nintendo section I noticed a large box that said Wii Sports. Upon further inspection I realized that I was staring at an actual Wii. Just then a friendly employee walked by and asked if I needed anything. Dubiously I asked "Is that a Wii?" He replied "Ya, you want it?" I answered "Ya". You gotta love Wal-Mart.

That night we got it all hooked up and ready to go. It came with the sports game that features tennis, bowling, baseball, golf and boxing. I must say that already I'm not nearly as good at those games as I thought I would be. Bowling, I'm ok, but Jesse is better at me at baseball and Melissa kicked my butt at golf. And tennis. Is there a Mortal Kombat available for the Wii? I'll have to look into that. In the meantime I have to admit that this thing is pretty cool, and it's the first Nintendo console that I've bought since I got the SNES back in 1991. Funny thing is, it was only $50 more than the SNES new, but at least that came with 2 controllers.

1 comment:

  1. I guess the real question is, did you remember to get Jesse's mitt? :) I'm going to have to come over and try out your Wii one of these days, they look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete