Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Random Thoughts

I've been meaning to blog more, but just haven't been able to do it so here's just a few thing to tide you over until I can do something nice and flashy.
  • Michael Phelps, the now most gold medal winningest athlete ever is every bit the champion he has shown the world to be. He is humble and complementary to his team, yet isn't ashamed of being great. I'm convinced that if people want to be inspired by athletes, look at Olympics.
  • Have you ever wondered what would happen if... Today I saw what would have happened had I not met Melissa. Please see the geekshow podcast about Kerry's toy room. That would have been me.
  • Speaking of Kerry, today was the Radio From Hell's 5000th broadcast. I used to listen to those guys when I was in Junior High, and here they are now, 22 years later, still being funny and entertaining. I was very pleasantly surprised to hear Mr. West on the show today. Awesome!
  • I think I hate socks.
  • I finally started to write my own Great American Novel. I've never done such an undertaking before, and I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but I've had a bunch of ideas bouncing around in my head for a few years now and I decided to finally put them on paper. I'm currently on chapter 15 or so with the summaries, so once I finish that I'll start fleshing everything out and see if I can't crank out a three to four hundred page book that millions of people will find fascinating, making me filthy stinking rich so I can finish my elusive Predacon collection.
  • I can't wait for my favorite TV shows to come back on. The Office webisodes weren't long enough, Heroes looks excellent, and, sadly, Battlestar Galactica won't return in the fall, but will start again early next year for the series finally.

1 comment: