Monday, August 18, 2008

Attempt at salmon, part 2

This past Saturday I tried my hand at salmon once again, but this time with much better results. I was able to get a steal of a deal at Smith's and got a 13 ounce filet of Sockeye salmon for only $3.35. Woot! That's a big chunk o' fish. Instead of wrapping it up in tin foil I just seasoned it with lemon pepper and put it on the top rack of my BBQ. I let it cook about 10 minutes on both sides over med-high heat. After peeling off the skin I let it cook another 10 minutes or so along with a hot dog for Owen. After that we sat down to our meal, both of us drinking out of our Spider-Man cups, and enjoyed a great meal. This time the salmon was a lot more tender, and a better taste to it and was easier to pull apart. Owen had a few bites of it, but wasn't too impressed. After we finished our dinner we went to get some ice cream. Yummy! BTW, I couldn't find a camera to take a picture of it so I used my cell phone, but it didn't quite capture the grandeur of the meal, so just use your imagination :)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was putting a hotdog next to your fish for Owen. I mean, who wouldn't consider it normal to grill a nice piece of salmon next to a fine hotdog? :) I'm glad this one turned out better, although I was looking forward to the pic! Next time.

    ReplyDelete