Thursday, January 8, 2009

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams

Yesterday I had the opportunity to experience caviar for the first time ever. I've always wanted to try it since it's always made to seem so fancy and tasty. I scooped some on a cracker and thus began my journey into caviar inferno. Honestly, to me the taste wasn't so bad. It was kind of salty and bland. Then the aftertaste kicked in and it was awful! I've never had champagne, but I'm guessing it has the ability to cleanse your palate of the fish egg flavor. Robin Leach had it all wrong. I'd settle for a nice cheese ball and some Ritz with a frosty root beer to wash it down any day. Fish eggs, pffffft!

1 comment:

  1. We used to get served Caviar all the time in the mish, but it was pureed with mayo then spread on bread, and it wasn't so bad, just salty with a trout after taste. It wasn't my favorite, but it was doable. I don't know how I would do with the round balls bursting in my mouth though.

    ReplyDelete