Wednesday, March 5, 2008

mmmmm... roast

Like I need to post another recipe for all the world to see, but I feel very strongly about roast beef. My roast is different than what my mom used to make when I was a kid. I use a crock pot, and it's awesome! So step 1, procure yourself a nice 2-3 pound roast from your local grocery store. When you're ready to cook it try to cut off the big pieces of fat that may be on it. Fat on steaks, good. Fat on roasts, bad. Step 2, in your large crock pot add a pound of baby carrots then about 6 or 7 medium sized potatoes that are peeled and cut up into halves or quarters. Gently place the roast on top of that. Slice an onion about a third the way down so you have some nice onion rings. place those on top of the roast. Fill up the crock pot about 3/4ths the way up with water. Step 3 here you can get creative according to your likes. I like spicy food so I'll use Grill Mates Spicy Steak seasoning. Liberally apply that on the roast, followed by salt and pepper. If spicy isn't your thing then you can use italian seasoning and/or a half a stick of butter.
Step 4, set the temperature to high and let it cook for about 4 hours. After than turn it to low and add water as needed so the top of the roast doesn't dry out. The roast will be very tender when it's done, so pull it out with two pair of tongs. Scoop the potatoes and carrots into a serving bowl and you're good to go! I would recommend serving it with corn, a nice garden salad and chilled fruit punch kool-aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment