Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness - a necessary evil

When it comes to college basketball, and college sports in general, I'm pretty clueless. I go to an online school which means I don't have a school football or basketball team, unless there is a secret Xbox league I'm unaware of. I don't care much for the University of Utah or BYU, the local powerhouses in the big dance this year, and the one college I do like (Weber State) didn't make it. So naturally I participated in my department's annual college basketball bracket contest. Go UCLA! Yeah, I really don't care who wins as long as I don't come in last place. It is fun to get together with others and see who's winning and who's losing, but I honestly don't care that much, but until it ends in early April I'll wear the psuedo-interested mask of a sports fan that wants not to win, but not to lose. Go March Madness!!!

1 comment:

  1. We have a pool at work. It was funny how everyone either picked UCLA or UNC. I guess you joined the UCLA bandwagon. I guess my bracket will be shot thanks to your bad luck. Thanks a lot. 14 days and countings!!!

    ReplyDelete