Monday, December 3, 2007

Mousekiller!!!


On Saturday we FINALLY killed our first mouse in our house after laying down a total of 30 traps or so. I had set the last trap and was walking down the hall to my room to get my gloves and hat so I could start shoveling the new snow outside when both Melissa and I heard a resounded SNAP! I went downstairs first because that's where I set most of the mechanical traps. Turning up nothing I then went upstairs to the one place I set that kind of a trap, under the oven, and found one of the biggest mice I've ever seen. Here's where it gets even better! The mouse only got grazed by the trap, but it did enough damage to stun the mouse and cause it to start bleeding. It also did not actually catch the mouse, it was still able to walk around. I poked it with a piece of cardboard and it took a few steps and angrily squeaked at me. I grabbed an empty 44 ounce cup and trapped him. Without too many more details he was then transferred to my large garbage can outside where his life force left him. Having felt victorious that we finally got one, and a big one at that, I happily shoveled my drive at 12:30 in morning. After I finished I celebrated the kill with a large bowl of peppermint ice cream. Yummy! My sweet wife was waiting for me in bed watching Gilmore Girls. I think she was towards the end of season 3. I fell asleep only to be woken up a few hours later to Melissa screaming!!! Appearantly another one of our furry friends made it up to our bed and ran onto Melissa's hair and hand. At first she thought it was me touching her, but then the horror of the situation settled upon her and freaked her out! I can't really blame her, and must apologize at this point since it took a few moments to wake me up. We looked all over but couldn't find it. We then grabbed our pillows, some blankets, and slept in the front room. Yet another reason why you should always think in the back of your head when buying couches that at one point you will be sleeping on it, so make it comfy. I hate mice. I hope to exterminate their kind from my house for many generations to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good boy, maybe Mom will give you a quarter for killing the mouse! :) (remember those days?)

    ReplyDelete