Friday, October 24, 2008

Daylight Savings Time is Drawing Near, Get Your Hoe Ready!

OK, so Daylight Savings happened really early this morning, but who's complaining? It gave me another hour to play Super Mario Galaxy. :)

In the 1780's Benjamin Franklin proposed to Parisian that in order to save money on candles they should go to bed earlier and wake up earlier, thus his famous phrase "Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise". It would be until early in the 20th century that a man named William Willett would propose daylight savings time that the US finally adopting in 1918 during WWI.

Please disregard this blog!!! Daylight Savings now happens on the first Sunday in November. My VCR lied to me. Now I'm late to church!

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know, tonight before you go to bed you should change your clocks and watches and car clock back one hour. I wouldnt want you to be early.

    ReplyDelete